There are a number of ways that Healing Companions, Inc. utilizes volunteers. Primary areas include:
- Program Support: Activities directly related to programs for our clients and their PSD’s i.e. dog training classes [like good citizen], assisting with individual training sessions, client orientations, evaluating dogs etc.
- Administrative: Board or committees, research on the internet, data entry, helping with marketing activities, managing other volunteers and general administrative support i.e. mailings, data entry, donation acknowledgement letters, designing report forms etc.
- Fundraising: planning or helping with special events, grant research or writing, cultivating donors [including e-mails, calls or visits], presentations [where an appeal is distributed], preparing or distributing fundraising materials and soliciting sponsors.
POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
- Grant Writers/Fundraisers – Ideal candidate is someone with prior nonprofit and fundraising experience.
- Photographers – We’re looking for someone, in the Oberlin, OH area, who can take high-quality photos for our social media pages and web presence, as well as printed materials.
- Videographers – If you reside in the Oberlin, OH area, we need your help to tell our story in a visually compelling way.
- Social Media Gurus – We’re looking for individuals with experience building a strong following, communicating messages in powerful and effective way, and building brand awareness across multiple platforms.
- Blog Writers – Healing Companions needs people with who can craft high-quality blog posts on a regular basis.
- Board Members – We are looking to expand our Board of Directors to help Healing Companions, Inc. grow and meet the increasing demand for Psychiatric Service Dogs. Those with experience serving on nonprofit boards and/or fundraising are encouraged to apply.
THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Contact us with a copy of your resume/CV and portfolio if available (students will be considered), as well as a few words about what attracted you to the mission of Healing Companions, Inc.